Seventh Grade Math prepares students for a transition into Pre-Algebra during their eighth grade year. The power standards mastered in this course are:
1. Analyze proportional relationships and use them to solve real-world and mathematical problems.
2. Apply and extend previous understanding of operations with fractions to add, subtract, multiply, and divide rational numbers.
3. Use properties of operations to generate equivalent expressions.
4. Solve real-world and mathematical problems using numerical and algebraic expressions, equations, and inequalities.
5. Draw, construct, and describe geometrical figures and describe the relationship between them.
6. Solve real-world and mathematical problems involving angle measure, area, surface area, and volume.
7. Use random sampling to draw inferences about a population.
8. Draw informal comparative inferences about two populations.
9. Investigate change processes and develop, use, and evaluate probability models.
- Teacher: Deborah Stukey